Norbord structural panels are to be installed according to the APA’s (The Engineered Wood Association) Construction Guide E30V (downloadable PDF available in APA Publications section) and the appropriate building code. Below are some key installation points.
- All panels should be spaced 1/8″ apart along all edges.
- All panels should be continuous over two or more spans.
- Installing TallWall panels to overlap the joist area and the top plates significantly increases wall Capacity, Stiffness and Displacement*. Use 4×9′s with 8′ walls and 4×10′s with 9′ walls.
- Provide 3/4″ expansion joints for every continuous section of panels exceeding 80 feet in length.
- Fastener spacing**
- Prior to application, acclimatization of panels to surroundings for at least 24 hours is recommended.
- When applicable, span ratings, durability and mill identification is included in the grade stamp applied to every panel.
- Add Strength to your walls by cutting the sheathing around windows and doors instead of the cut and paste method. This also reduces the number of joints and air-leakage.
**Consult your local building codes for local requirements and specifications and the APA Construction Guide E30V
TallWall® is engineered specifically to be used for wall applications and is not to be used for roof or floor sheathing.
Visit the resources page for more information on product documents, forest certification, APA publications, seminars & trade shows.