Handling & Storage
- Panels should be stored flat, indoors or under cover and protected from the elements.
- If panels are stacked, the blocks/supports must be aligned to prevent warping.
- On panels too large to have the supports banded to the unit, full width blocking needs to be placed 6″ from each end and at 24″ intervals over the length of the unit.
- If stored outdoors, keep panels off the ground and on a flat base. Cover loosely to allow air circulation at the sides.
- OSB should not be exposed to the weather or moisture on a continuous basis. However, exposure 1 bond rating indicates that unprotected exposure during normal construction periods will not adversely affect the structural properties.
- Panels should be handled and stored with care to avoid damage and should be used on a first-in, first-out basis.
- Sheathing is an engineered wood product and is subject to natural expansion and contraction due to changes in humidity and temperature.
Drawings courtesy of the APA