Features & Benefits
Why did we make TruFlor?
Builders told us they need a sub-floor panel that truly meets their construction needs plus helps control costs when dealing with the challenging realities of today’s housing market.
Here is what they wanted and needed and this is how the Norbord team responded.
Builders told us what they needed in a sub-floor panel:
- A quality product to reduce construction costs and shortened cycle times
- A solid warranty
- Wood fiber sourced from renewable forests
- Protected for transportation
- Identification on the panel and the unit to show quality products being used
- Able to withstand minor construction delays
- A cost that provides real value to the builder and homebuyer
- Acceptance by building codes and industry standards
TruFlor meets these expectations!
- TruFlor provides the quality and performance to reduce costs and cycle times
- TruFlor comes with a 25-year limited warranty
- TruFlor is also available as FSC® or SFI® Chain of Custody certified
- TruFlor units have stronger packaging for better protection for transportation and storage
- TruFlor panels are face stamped and have an edge color for easy identification by builders and homebuyers to show that quality products are being used
- TruFlor has a T&G profile
- TruFlor panels install easily with less wear and tear on tools and equipment
- TruFlor engineered OSB T&G panels utilize an improved resin formulation and quality control protocol
- TruFlor is priced to provide builders with true value required in today’s housing market
- TruFlor is an APA grade stamped 4×8 T&G sub-floor panel
As builders push to be more competitive and environmentally responsible, Norbord is there. TruFlor is available as FSC® or SFI® Chain of Custody certified. If you are working to qualify under rating systems such as LEED® or the National Green Building Standard, TruFlor supports you with its third-party certification and no added urea formaldehyde resin. TruFlor is certified by the NAHB Research Center as a Green Approved Product under the National Green Building Standard. Norbord’s production mills are well located to serve your market with regionally available product.
A panel that gets the job done right – the first time.
TruFlor’s T&G profile is designed to provide added strength, and fast and easy installation. Using TruFlor means no hassles with breaking screw heads and panels that will not conform to the joists.
A price point that represents true values not only for the builder but also their homebuyer
TruFlor is priced to provide great value.
Sub-floors Must Be Strong, Tough, Durable with Great Physical Properties
TruFlor was used on a 400 unit apartment project in South Carolina and here are some of the things David Salazaar and Julio Mendes had to say about TruFlor: “Norbord’s TruFlor has held up well during our construction cycle, it’s been easy on our framers during installation and most of all – problem free.”
Panels must be accepted by the building codes and meet all industry standards
TruFlor carries an APA grade stamp and is made for sub-floor applications. TruFlor meets or exceeds PS 2-10 standards.
Make both the panels and the packaging easy to identify so everyone including the homebuyer can see that a quality product has been used
TruFlor’s distinct packaging and face stamp on every panel shows there is real value in Truflor.
TruFlor brings today’s smart builders exactly what they asked for and need to help them reduce costs, build faster and increase profits. TruFlor – the right panel, the right time, every time.
Material and Resource Efficiency
- Renewable material from responsibly managed forests
- Available as FSC® or SFI® Chain of Custody certified
- Sources close to your project
- No added urea-formaldehyde resin
- Wood is a great choice for building based on life cycle analysis
Visit the resources page for more information on product documents, forest certification, APA publications, seminars & trade shows.