Visit the Product Documents section to download a PDF version.
- How is TruFlor made differently from other standard flooring products?
- Why would I try TruFlor?
- Does TruFlor have a warranty?
- Where is TruFlor made?
- Are you doing anything to distinguish TruFlor panels and units from others?
- Does TruFlor come in any thickness other than 23/32″?
- Will TruFlor cost more than other flooring products?
- What is your “no-sand” warranty?
- Are TruFlor panels hard to screw or nail like some other panels?
- Do you recommend gluing the panels?
- If the subfloor is glued down are there any tips or guidelines to ensure a good sound floor?
- Where does your wood come from and how can it meet my green initiatives?
1. How is TruFlor made differently from other standard flooring products?
TruFlor uses new resin formulation. A new Quality Protocol has been implemented to ensure our highest standards are met consistently.
2. Why would I try TruFlor?
TruFlor’s swell properties are as good as or better than other leading standard OSB brands. There are no core voids and the panel will not delaminate.
3. Does TruFlor have a warranty?
TruFlor comes with a 25 year limited warranty.
4. Where is TruFlor made?
TruFlor was first made at our Cordele GA mill in 2008 using new resin formulation and quality protocols. Since that time TruFlor has been shipped into all markets and has been accepted and endorsed by builders. Those same resin formulas and quality protocols have now been migrated to all our mills and TruFlor is now produced to those high standards in all our mills.
5. Are you doing anything to distinguish TruFlor panels and units from others?
The name TruFlor appears on the face of each panel for easy identification. We also have new packaging material to protect the units. Our new khaki edge color that is unique in the market place.
6. Does TruFlor come in any thickness other than 23/32″?
Yes TruFlor is available in 19/32″, 5/8″, 3/4″, 7/8″, 1″ and 1 1/8″ T&G. All TruFlor panels have the APA (The Engineered Wood Association) grade stamps certifying they meet the APA’s high standards and building codes.
7. Will TruFlor cost more than other flooring products?
At this time we are not asking for a premium.
8. What is your “no-sand” warranty?
Currently we are not offering an extended “no-sand” warranty on TruFlor beyond what is currently in place.
9. Are TruFlor panels hard to screw or nail like some other panels?
TruFlor panels are easy to handle, nail or screw and are also easy on fastener equipment and saw blades.
10. Do you recommend gluing the panels?
Gluing the subfloor is recommended and may be required. We recommend PL400. At a minimum, the adhesive must meet current industry test standards.
11. If the subfloor is glued down are there any tips or guidelines to ensure a good sound floor?
Follow the APA instructions and only apply enough glue to install 2 panels at a time. Always completely fasten the entire panel before moving on to the next. Failing to completely fasten each panel as you proceed may allow the glue to set prior to final fastening, causing uneven joints and/or squeaky floors.
12. Where does your wood come from and how can it meet my green initiatives?
TruFlor wood fiber is from responsibly managed forests and TruFlor is also available with FSC® or SFI® Chain of Custody. TruFlor contains no added urea formaldehyde.