Handling & Storage
- Panels should be stored flat, indoors or under cover, protected from the elements.
- If units are stacked, the blocking/supports must be aligned to prevent warping.
- If stored outdoors, keep panels off the ground on a flat base, cover loosely to allow air circulation at the sides.
- Inventories of panels should be used on a first-in, first-out basis.
- OSB should not be exposed to weather or moisture on a continuous basis. However, Exposure-1 exterior bond rating indicates that unprotected exposure during ordinary construction periods will not adversely affect the structural properties.
- Sheathing is an engineered wood product and is subject to natural expansion and contraction due to changes in humidity and temperature.
Drawings courtesy of the APA